Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lafite

Long overdue post. This is where Mr. Chee brought me on my birthday. 


We took the showcase lunch as I was feeling greedy. HAHHAHA.

Basically the show case is like a semi-buffet. The appetizer buffet style, whilst you choose a dish for main course and a fixed dessert.

 
And of course the traditional bread before meal - warm and comforting.

 
The appetizers.



Shrimp! YUMssss.

Overall the appetizers were good except for the mushrooms tasted a lil weird though. They serve strawberries too! But some kia su aunty went Asian style. She took almost everything from the box at one go. -___-

I love this this. 

See the lil "egg yoke" Its lemon tea and the bubble is suppose to pop in your mouth when you drink it. Purpose is to clean you palate.

Coli-flower soup! Small, sweet and yummy!

Complimentary pasta from the chef because its my day! 

If not mistaken this should be Grano. Ok I just discovered 100 new pasta terms. wtf. *click*



Melt in your Mouth Lamb Shank.

The name of the dish does describe it well. Perhaps we were too ambitious greedy earlier, along with the unexpected pasta I was full when the main dish came. What a pity. Nevertheless, It tasted really good! The sensational smell of lamb was so enticing that I kept telling myself come on "you can do it" and finished almost everything. wtf.



63°C Wagyu Beef

Slow cooked 48 hours beef at cooked 63°C. Well marinated medium rare tender meat. This happened quite sometime ago but you should just go try it!

Desserts - 5 sample size desserts.

The chocolate mousse was rather normal, My favourite was of course the starwaberry with whipped cream. The sorbet was very refreshing! But the cookie right smack in the middle was very hard that it almost broke my teeth. Needless to say I hated it. 

This might be rather common but the whipped cream was really good along with the caramel. How I wish I can have some right now.

The real dessert. lol.

Ok no photos of my a bit too happy face because I looked like an idiot.

Lafite 
Lobby Level 

Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lunpur
11 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel : 03- 2074 3900
Hours: 
Lunch : Noon - 2:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday

Dinner : 7 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Monday - Sunday

Till then. Missing the Bintang moments in Bali.

2 scrawlins':

Peanutxz said...

reading this when...i can't eat anything else besides liquid is really...comforting. -.-"
is that risotto under the lambshank anyway? gosh *salivates*

Jo Anne said...

Yes! That's risotto! Warm, soft and yummy!

Post a Comment