Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wisdom Tooth Diary

I went for wisdom tooth surgery on Monday. I know how it feels and am really sorry for laughing at others who did the surgery before me with and ended up with swollen face.

Just before the surgery.

My last meal of solid food before the surgery. 

The tooth was growing horizontally, hence pushing all teeth at lower jaw.

During the surgery.

So brave right? Surgery also can take photo. wtf. I only felt the pressure as all related parts are numb from anesthetic. 

WARNING!!! Disgusting photos!!! 

Since the tooth was buried, the dentist had to cut it to 3 parts in order to extract it out. 

Cut open gums, cut tooth, in the midst of extracting the nurse had to hold my head because I was too light and going towards the dentist's direction. During the extraction, the dentist told the intern, "Hmm.. this one abit difficult. Got to cut more.

Of coz by the sound of it I was freaking out. There was no pain throughout the whole process but rather the cutting part was freaky as it sounded like u know the movie "SAW" freaking cutting my bone. That's what the dentist refereed my tooth to - BONE. 

The process took bout 30 mins shorter than I expected.

Just in case you're wondering...

I do have a collection of my teeth.

Right after the surgery.

I wasn't in tears when I got out of the room and looked rather normal except with the bump on the face. Fat fat asked me if it was painful and I just shaked my head. Then he said wait till the anesthetic subside and I'll be suffering.

Well, I took 30 mins to finish a small bowl of porridge. Go figure.

Second day.
See the huge bump on my cheek?

Fat fat kesian me shredded some chicken and mixed in my mash potato.
BEST THING I EVER TASTED in two days.


Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was in silence for TWO days. Mumble mumble only. Smile also cannot. Strictly soft diet!!! coz I couldn't even open my mouth. ROAR.

I met Caryn later that night. 

Caryn : Can I slap u?! Its so tempting!!!

Wisdom tooth growing syndrome.
1. Gums swelling 
2. Massive headache like migraine

Go see a dentist then in which he/she will give u some antibiotics to reduce the swelling. The following week after the swelling have subside or whenever u feel like it visit dentist again for extraction.

For non complicated cases - wisdom tooth growing normally extraction = normal extract procedure will recover sooner than me!!!

Till then. I can't wait to eat McD's french fries!!!!

1 scrawlins':

ryn said...

hahahahhaha
u know what? I also have my own collection of my teeth :$

i think great mind thinks alike!
wahhahahahahahhahahaha

Post a Comment