Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

DomDom

Meet DomDom!


Actual Name Domo-Kun



I first met DomDom at Chatuchak market.














The bag caught my eye and Mr. Chee wanted to get it for me. I stood there for whole 30 secs considering. (I usually do my shopping without much thinking.) Then I decided not to get it since its not versatile and its quite expensive.



On the following day, we were in Sampeng and we saw the DomDom bag again! This time without much thought Mr. Chee got it for me. He Then went DomDom crazy and bought every DomDom pouch of different sizes in the shop. heh.


We then passed by a toy shop and there were selling 3 sizes of DomDom! Being very fascinated I ran straight to the largest one of course. It was almost my height! Tried so many times to lift it up to hint to Mr. Chee I really liked that but failed. FML. The DomDom was just too heavy and we couldn't bring it back home. sighhhhhh....


So he bought me the second largest DomDom instead! Meet Papa Dom.





The very excited me was of course jumping up and down while waiting for the shopkeeper to get a new one from the store. 


Benz (will intro him later when I do a proper Bangkok post) was on the phone with his gf and he told her the whole DomDom story. His gf then asked to speak to me. "Hellooooo Joannneeeeeee. Make sure you can go back to Malaysia yeaaaaa. With all your shopping and now a big toy." wtf.






DomDom! Oh did I mention we started shopping since 4 a.m.? HAHAHAHAH.


Then we quickly hurried home to pack.





The amount of DomDoms we bought and tried stuffing them in the luggage. FOL.






Queuing at the custom. Of course we got all sorts of stares. (Excuse the weird colour coordination as were in a hurry just wore whatever I could see. The hat - must be hand carried.)


Custom officer : (Looking at me and carrying DomDom shaking head, smiling, and all sorts of weird expression.) Miss. Where are you going?


Me : Back home to Malaysia. 


Custom officer : Oh. You got this from Thailand?


Me : (Nods excitingly.) Yes yes!!!!


Custom officer : You like Thailand?


Me : Yes yes very much! I've been here twice in the past 3 months.


Custom officer : (smiling & shakes head) Go go.





DomDom on the way home.


Because DomDom was so big the ticketing officer was nice enough to place DomDom on an empty seat. hehe.


Domo-Kun is the mascot of NHK's BS2 (a satellite channel in Japan). The brown open mouthed monster lives with Usajii, a whise rabbit underground. When it first intruded Usajii's house, it was very fascinated with the rabbit watching TV. It then grew very fond of TV programmes and started watching TV whenever possible.


The prefix “Domo” in here indicates a polite meaning, suggesting ‘thank you’, “Excuse me”, “well, hello there”, etc. Following the suffix ‘Kun’ is used for the indication of “Mr.” or “Ms”. The name- Domo Kun- was inherited when Usajii turned on the TV and the host greeted the audience “Domo konichiwa” [i.e. very much hello]. sources : click, click, click!


Domo-Kun communicates with its companions by making small noisy sounds. Now. How can I not relate myself to DomDom??!





My DomDom Collection at home. Thanks to Mr. Chee.


Yesterday I was telling Mr. Chee how much I miss the Grandpa Dom. (The monster as tall as me. Ok la not that tall because I'm only a 5 footer. wtf.)  He said if we have the chance we'll bring Grandpa Dom over. *big shiny eyes*.


Till then. Got to continue unpacking. The amount of nonsense is just....

1 scrawlins':

Kathryn said...

i want a domdom toooo :(
can i come your house and play with it? :D :D

Post a Comment